Monday 3 February 2014

Secret 7

Secret 7 

Today we got our first live brief set, we are required to design a 7" record sleeve for one of the following singles:
The final design will be in CMYK color mode and be either a Tiff, Pdf, or EPS file. No typography should be presented on the cover with direct links to the album name or lyrics. 

Black Sabbath - Age of Reason

Grounds for Divorce - Elbow

Strange Creatures - Jake Bugg

Team - Lorde

Karmacoma - Massive Atttack

Virginia Plain - Roxy Music

Get It On - T-Rex

I have chosen to create a record cover for Jake Bugg. To carry out this brief I need to plan my time carefully and be very conceptual and think out of the box so my work will stand out from the crowd. 

My initial plan at this stage is to do 30 rough thumbnails inspired by aspects of Jake Bugg and his practice, I will look into his style and fashion, his cultural background and general bio, album word association, lyric association and conceptual ideas will be born from this initial research.

Through the development stages I need to be constantly inspired by everything I see be it art & design or the real world. To help me understand album artwork a little more I plan on expanding my initial research on record covers and begin to look into:

How album artwork has developed.

Research into the designers who designed these covers. 

Look at other music design, not just record sleeves, physical 3D cd covers, digital covers, music videos etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment