Wednesday 13 November 2013

Partner Typeface Inspiration

Partner Typeface Inspiration

Bellow are a few snapshots of examples I derived my styling and development of my partner typeface on. There isn't an obvious distinction but my development was sparked by some elements of these 2 typefaces. Which is evidenced in my development stages. I really like this design firms style, they are very versatile in creating typefaces that are very visually appealing as well as functional.

I took influences from the grid like format in the lorraine typeface and how it was made up of lots of different elements. the second one the Octobre one helped me play about with ideas of deconstruction and abstract positioning of letterform elements. It has a very digital format in terms of its origins. This style inspires my manipulation of digital origin Bauhaus and how it can contrast with the traditional roman Caslon typeface.

ApeloigLorraine

ApeloigOctobre

No comments:

Post a Comment