Wednesday 9 October 2013

Context of Practice - Study Task 1

Study Task 1

I have been asked to gather 5 images that best best represent my creative practice. I have chose to show a range of imagery from varying sources that best emulates the visual style I like to produce within my final creative outcomes. 

I chose this example of interior design due to its use of linear lines and the vast array of angular elements within the interior layout with its combination of few circular and curved elements contrasting within the linear lines. This idea of contrast is something I like to use in my work. I like to combine elements that wouldn't necessarily work together and manipulate them to work within my visual language and style. 

Santa Monica House by Jedretzki - Design Milk

This photographic representation of an 'M' replicates what I like in terms of inspiration and creative outcomes. I like the idea of dismantling an element and placing said elements in arrangements to create imagery. I like neutral pastel color schemes and enjoy creating imagery in a hands on type of way be it 2D or 3D, digital or analogue. I like to create outcomes in a range of ways best suited to the desired message.

Design Milk

I have a great interest in handmade typography. I like how typography can be an image in itself. This piece of typography provided inspiration for my summer project. I like the motion and freedom the typeface emulates through script elements added to the stem and bowl of the 'P'. It has a certain mechanical feel along with it too which is something else I like. Giving imagery a mechanical feel is something I like to do too, with it been through accurate/geometric layout or in the imagery itself. 

Aisle one.

Vault 49 is an agency I have followed for the past few years, there style has changed throughout these years to accommodate to the vast changing requirements of design. There work has gone from analogue illustration and typographic outcomes to entire digital clean cut designs which I much prefer. This piece for computer arts showcases the art of print using specially selected inks on certain papers this blueprint effect poster was created. I like the simple vector imagery and how it reminds me of a blueprint of a city. I feel it is required for a designer to be able to communicate work through image only as well as just type and image and type combined. This is something that inspires my practice. 

Computer arts - Vault 49

My final piece under discussion is another example of typography. Mentioned the most within the post I know but this is were my interests lie the most. As mentioned previous I said I like mechanical things and emulating this in a visual way. And this piece does just that in a very effective way, the type has its own visual style yet remains legible and has a very angular and geometric feel much like the piece of architecture shown previous.

Formfiftyfive

No comments:

Post a Comment